January 12, 2021
Owncast v0.0.5 focuses primarily on some basic chat moderation, enabling the admin to remove chat messages
Upgrade instructions from 0.0.4 #
- Stop the service from running.
- Backup your
config.yamland any other files you may have customized and want to save or refer to later.
- Move the zip file of 0.0.5 to your previous install location.
- Unzip the file, allowing it to overwrite old files.
- Restart the service.
- Feat: Basic chat moderation, allowing removal of messages
- Feat: Limit how quickly people can send chat messages to guard against chat message flooding
- Feat: Use “new” style S3 hosts
- Feat: Verify version of ffmpeg at launch
- Fix: Exit if no version of ffmpeg can be found
- Fix: Limit caching of HLS playlists
- Fix: Fix possible crash in S3 performance monitoring
- Feat: Social links now have the rel="me” attribute
- Feat: Social links use SVG icons
- Feat: Added Ko-Fi platform to social links
- Feat: Added KeyOxide platform to social links
- Feat: Do not auto-close emoji picker after selecting an emoji
- Feat: Workarounds for AdBlockers blocking social links to external profiles
- Fix: Fix layout issues that can take place on iPads
- Feat: Allow sorting viewers table by connected time
- Feat: Add help section with links to documentation
Breaking changes #
There have been no breaking changes in this release.
The features regarding chat message moderation brought new endpoints:
GET /api/admin/chat/messagesshows all chat messages, regardless of their visibility status
POST /api/admin/chat/updatemessagevisibilitytoggles the visibility of of messages
- The Chat Websocket has a new message type
You can find the complete set of APIs by visiting the API documentation.API Documentation