Owncast v0.0.5 focuses primarily on some basic chat moderation, enabling the admin to remove chat messages
Upgrade instructions from 0.0.4
- Stop the service from running.
- Backup your
config.yamland any other files you may have customized and want to save or refer to later.
- Move the zip file of 0.0.5 to your previous install location.
- Unzip the file, allowing it to overwrite old files.
- Restart the service.
- Feat: Basic chat moderation, allowing removal of messages [#524]
- Feat: Limit how quickly people can send chat messages to guard against chat message flooding [#484]
- Feat: Use “new” style S3 hosts [#497]
- Feat: Verify version of ffmpeg at launch [#587]
- Fix: Exit if no version of ffmpeg can be found [#554]
- Fix: Limit caching of HLS playlists [#570]
- Fix: Fix possible crash in S3 performance monitoring [#578]
- Feat: Social links now have the rel="me” attribute [#511]
- Feat: Social links use SVG icons [#515]
- Feat: Added Ko-Fi platform to social links [#525]
- Feat: Added KeyOxide platform to social links [#510]
- Feat: Do not auto-close emoji picker after selecting an emoji [#612]
- Feat: Workarounds for AdBlockers blocking social links to external profiles [#529]
- Fix: Fix layout issues that can take place on iPads [#572]
- Feat: Allow sorting viewers table by connected time [#540]
- Feat: Add help section with links to documentation [#541]
There have been no breaking changes in this release.
The features regarding chat message moderation brought new endpoints:
GET /api/admin/chat/messagesshows all chat messages, regardless of their visibility status
POST /api/admin/chat/updatemessagevisibilitytoggles the visibility of of messages
- The Chat Websocket has a new message type
You can find the complete set of APIs by visiting the API documentation.API Documentation